Thursday, July 22, 2010

my favorite study food, POTATOES!!!

I don't know why, but I always called these wedges when in fact they are just baked potatoes. I know I'm not suppose to eat the skin off of the classic bake potato, so I made them a way that it wouldn't look weird if I eat the skins. I wash the potatoes and dry it up. Then I would rub it with oil and salt, and slice them into four parts. Afterwords, I would spread butter and shredded cheese on them. I bake on high 360 degree for 30 minutes. As it's baking, I will start making the bacon, some people suggest putting the bacon in the oven, but if you like crunchy bacon, use the skillet. sprinkle the bacon on the potatoes and your ready for a delicious study snack. Don't forget to use sour cream, which totally help complete the taste :). For some reason this snack was inspired by watching Hell Kitchen:
It's totally hilarious watching Chef Ramsay go nuts on all these contestants. I can relate to these contestants for I use to work under their conditions as a chef, but with the amount of experience that the show labeled or announced for each contestants, I would have thought that this type of environment would be a piece of cake. For anyone who loves good food or just enjoy watching a dude yelling his ass off at a group of people, definitely watch Hell's Kitchen.

NEED CONNECTIONS USE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!!
The worse part about my life is not having a car. I'm a poor college student with wealthy parents who don't give a shit about me, decided not to give me a car. I told them that I really need a car to drive to hospitals and do research. Without a car I would have to close the door on all those competitive opportunities that could contribute towards getting into medical school. Then they answered with "good, we don't want you to be a doc." Well little did they know that I've done really well for myself. You be surprise about who you would meet in these trains, I mean, I met a couple of doctors, PhD, managers, well known fashion associate and etc.. I got myself into great intern positions and volunteering activities that I probably wouldn't be able to get by just sending my resume online like all the other applicants are doing. I also find that you can be anyone you want in these train rides. I decided to be a fashion major for the day because I met this lady who apparently is the manager for some really big designer company in which I'm not going to name, out of respect and privacy. Her car broke down so she had to take the train to work. Anyways, I was chatting with her, and pretend to be this fashion major who just graduated from SF. She told me that she loves my personality and would love to hire me as her assistant. I ask her what I would be doing as her assistant, and she said that I will be sketching and designing dresses and skirts for the summer. She gave me a business card and took my name down. I gave her a fake name and number, and said my good-byes. What I'm trying to say is, you don't need the best experience in whatever you do to score the job. You don't need your parents or someone else's parents to help you find your connections. Connection is everywhere, from public bathroom to transportation, you name it. If a fake fashion major can get a job from the top fashion designer company, think about what a real fashion major can do.


VANITY SIGH!!!
First of all for anyone who have never heard of Charice Pempenco should click on this link and check her out on the Ellen Degeneres Show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fR2jroUxE

Every time when I search this girl on youtube and listen to her sing, I would get all emotional and start crying with joy. Now artist like Mariah Carey almost made me cry, but this girl totally did the job. She has an amazing inspirational voice, I hope I have a daughter like her in the future. Right now she just turned 18 and is about to star in the next season of Glee. However, they said that she have a very round chubby face, and must get botox to fix it, in order to be in the show. I find this to be outrageous, she is a gifted artist and should be cherish for her music not her looks. Then again who am I to say stuff about looks, I totally gave in to vanity. When I was younger, I had the extreme asian look, like the shabby light eye brows and small squinty, slanted eyes. I was picked on at school and home for being too FUCKEN UGLY. My life was hurtful and awful at the same time. Everything I wanted to accomplish had to be done the hard way because I wasn't good looking enough. I didn't get cosmetic surgery, but I had one of the best make up artist show me what I can do to look beautiful. She gave me the best make up tip that made me look like I was half asian half caucasion (the ultimate exotic look, smokey eyes with colored eyeshadows). Let's just say life changed dramatically, and everything got so damn easy. What I'm saying is, I hate vanity, I hate the that our looks dictates how easy our lives could be. It sucks how such a talented girls like Charice had to surrender to reality. I feel bad for girls who use to be hot and got uglier as they get older. I mean when you get older you have to climb the ladder to advance in your career. If you are ugly, then don't even think about having an easier time climbing that ladder. Sigh such a controversial issue, I'm not being vain here, but it's true. Don't believe me, then you should watch 8 Simple Rules.

Bridget the hot blonde sister, she is popular, geeks do her homework, got accepted to Princeton University by just swinging her tennis racket. Her sister on the other hand is a short ugly red-head name Carey. Carey is intelligent, but has nothing going for her. She works hard, but accomplishes nothing, whereas Bridget is dumb but for some cosmic reason gets everything. In reality, it's simple, if you got 90 percent looks and 10 percent brains, then you are definitely souring to the top with ease. This shiet is so controversial so disagree all you want, but it's hella true.

0 comments:

Post a Comment