Sunday, May 22, 2011

Procrastination

I am so lazy right now, I know I'm suppose to help my fiance pack for Houston Texas, but I just want to sit on this couch and watch tv with my furry rabbit Mochi. I know that procrastination is bad for you, it's a waste of time, and you don't get anything done, but I just can't seem to put the energy into it. It's practically impossible for me to start something unless it has to be turned in the following day. Countless times I have this feeling that I need to finish this task, but my body refuses to function. I can never seem to defeat procrastination, and always fall victim to its clutches.

Then again, procrastination is how I come up with the most innovative, outrageous ideas for my assignments. There's nothing like a deadline to get your adrenaline rushing and heart pumping. It's usually this type of atmosphere that everything around me and every word I hear sparks an idea for my future and my current assignment. Adrenaline is something that gives us a closer insight of the world that we never notice during a state of relaxation. It's like I'm a superhero at the moment, controlling the uncontrollable and everything seem so crystal clear. It's also like I know exactly what I needed to do, and my body and mind connected together to complete the task. I tried being the good girl before, writing my essay a week before it's due. I just end up sitting on a chair with a blank stare, then I would doodle some weird looking cartoon, and fall asleep on the spot. Then again procrastination is not for everyone, it's only for those adrenaline junkie like me, where inspirations comes only with a deadline cutting close.

I find it hilarious that there are clutters of dishes, boxes, food, books, and other junk scatter all over the floor and I haven't gotten my ass out of the couch to put things in the box. The boxes are practically empty, and my fiance and I have to get out of New Orleans by Tuesday. I have to say we are the perfect match, I'm watching the Real Housewives and talking to everyone out there while he's playing some game called "Pocket Legend."

That's not even the worst part, the Mississippi river is flooded and the water is heading towards Louisiana. My fiance and I saw the levees, and boy were the waters filling up quickly, we might experience a flood if we don't do something soon. Sigh, but why act immediately when I love this city so much. New Orleans is where I got engaged, it's where I did my research, is where I found brotherhood and sisterhood, is where I met all these cool, interesting people, and of course where I fell in love. I guess I'm just too hesitant to leave the city that gave me love and happiness. I don't want to leave the city that lets me get my ass drunk without anyone judging me. I only lived here for a total of 6 months, I often make monthly trips to New orleans during my school year in Boston MA. Especially during Mardi Gras, and I'm definitely going to miss catching beads and running near the floats, hoping to get a stuff animal. Hmmm, I have a feeling that it's not procrastination that is hindering my ability to pack : /

Well, I guess I have to suck it up, and face the reality that I have to move on to the next phase of my life. The only thing I can do is to reminiscence and tell stories of the places I've been to and the people I met. Well, ladies and gentlemen I will get my ass off this couch and throw anything I see in these boxes, hopefully I don't burst into tears :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment